PodcastOne is a leading advertiser supported podcast network that was founded by Norman. The network, at the moment, currently broadcasts over 240 hours of original content programming each week across over 200 of today’s most popular podcasts.
About Edison Research
Edison Research is a leading researcher in podcasting space. The company conducts surveys, researches and provides strategic information to many of it clients. Some of these clients include Activision, AMC Theaters, Disney, Dolby Laboratories, Google and many more big names in the business.
About the Studies and Results
Crunchbase revealed that Norman Pattiz, a PodcastOne Executive Chairman, teamed up with Tom Webster who is a VP of Strategy with Edison Research. They informed their following that they had closely examined and performed a series of advertising tests with 5 national consumer brands and service categories throughout the nation.
This was the first type of this kind of study that was conducted last year and it showed a very high and significant impact on podcast advertising on brand recall. The results were very positive.
Some of the results that they had concluded from their testing were:
- An outstanding 60% of their followers were able to mention a specific brand of a grocer in a post campaign that was advertised. This was up by 7% among the consumers prior to running the campaign.
- In regards to a financial product studies, this increased by 47%.
- 37% increase in automobile advertising
- 24% for lawn and garden product advertising.
- When performed for a very specific campaign message for an automobile product it increased 60%.
- And one of the most impressive figures for the study done was a pre and post study for a dining restaurant had results at an amazing 76% level of increase. Read more: Norman Pattiz | Crunchbase
Edison Research had experimented with both common known name brands and some that were lesser known too to help prevent the results from being skewed.
In the pre and post campaigns, all campaigns were run with the same advertising technique and ranged in their promotion run time for 4 to 6 weeks. The results showed that indeed there was a significant increase in the customers’ interest or willingness to either consider or purchase the advertised brands from these studies.
When asked about the study the PodcastOne Founder and Executive Chairman Norman Pattiz both agreed that the core focus of the study was to independently prove the podcast format and its effectiveness in providing this enhanced type of marketing of brands in this type of broadcast formatting. The results have validated the companies approach integrated advertising effectiveness.
To read more on the subject you can also view: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/podcastone-chairman-norman-pattiz-announces-results-of-networks-brand-lift-studies-conducted-by-edison-research-300405404.html